A petition calling for legislation to legalize unlocking cell phones has passed the magic 100,000 mark, mandating a White House response -- and guess what? The Obama administration says it agrees that consumers should have the right to reprogram their phones to work on any carrier's network.
Sina Khanifar, a San Francisco entrepreneur, started this whole movement, and it's picked up steam quickly. Now, with the Obama administration on board, he just needs a member of Congress to introduce a bill overruling the Library of Congress and freeing the cell phones.
Rep. Pelosi, who represents San Francisco, would be an excellent choice to carry the legislation, no?
Most Commented On
- Best post - May 24, 2013
- Meter isn't the most - May 24, 2013
- Wonderful blog! Do you have - May 24, 2013
- The DCCC is hardly a progressive organ - May 24, 2013
- Johnny's Baaack! - May 24, 2013
- We live in back of Brick on - May 24, 2013
- Ignoring labor history: the norm - May 24, 2013
- You obviously have zero - May 24, 2013
- Affordable Indeed! - May 24, 2013
- Calling the Central Subway a "debacle" is an understatement - May 24, 2013